It was my young husbands birthday last Friday, and it's funny to think that 12 years have passed since I met this sweet boy. I found a card at the store that was perfect...on the front it said- "One is only as old as their heart." When you opened it up, it read; "Happy Birthday, Kid." Of all the things I love about him, his adventurous, kind, un-jaded, excitable and giving heart rank pretty high. He's always said that when he was a kid he thought grown-ups had it all figured out, and now he thinks kids are the ones that really know all the secrets to happiness. Loving without boundaries, flirting with me, couch campouts and playing little girls frequently are adding to the youthfulness. So refreshing knowing that I'll never have a grumpy old man for a husband!!!
We enjoyed dinner out with Aunt Leah and Hannah who are here in-between their travels of CA and AK. Then on Sunday we enjoyed some time with Uncle Danny, Oma and Opa for a BBQ, neighborhood walk and birthday dessert.
.jpg) |
| And this is the kind of smile you get when you are at a restaurant and know that yogurt is coming afterwards. Joy. |
.jpg) |
| Goof face! |
.jpg) |
| Right after this picture, she stood up, let go of the chair and took ONE STEP towards me!!! |
.jpg) |
| Big Sis helping out Daddy with the candles. I love the way she blows!!! |
Sydney and Simone painted birthday cards for daddy. Syd was thrilled to be able to hold Mone and help her out for her very first paint project. What a mess!!!
Keep getting older with me, but staying young for me. I love you!
4 comments:
Hannah is my kind of chunk! What a cutie! Also the goofy one of Simone is totally frame worthy ;)
I love the way you love your MAN.
What a nice post Megan and I couldn't agree more ... that hubby of yours is pretty incredible and I agree with dad's comment too. And I am impressed with my dear daughter to engage in such a messy art project for Simone ... not that you don't ... but this one looked p.a.r.t.i.c.u.l.a.r.l.y messy. Did that white shirt come clean? Ha! And I didn't realize Simone took a step. That's so fun with more to come! Your babies are growing up.
A STEP????!!!!!!!! And so it begins.
Happy Birthday Robbie. What do you give someone who has 3 of the loveliest things that I know of?
Syd's yogurt face is pure delight.
Miss you and those baby girls.
Post a Comment