Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Easter

Better late than never, that's what I say.

It was a fun holiday- and I have to admit a tad hard to explain to a three year old the real meaning.  Can't understand why she doesn't understand death, resurrection and forgiveness of sins- but someday she will, and so for now I don't feel guilty enjoying the fun of the Easter Bunny and his sneaky ways. 

The EB did visit us, left quite a mess doing so...stole some carrots from our fridge, and pooped in our toilet without flushing.  Gross, right?  Not really- as the EB poops jelly beans.  ;)  You knew that, didn't you?

A busy day spent with both families- and I wouldn't have it any other way.  My favorite was decorating sugar cookies with Syd.  Man that girl loves to get her hands messy- and I sat back and enjoyed it happening.  Plus- wax paper is just a messy-clean-up saving grace.  LOVE that stuff.

Hope your Easter Season was fulfilling, meaningful and by-golly...FUN!





Frosting getting a little out of hand here.  It took a lot not to intercept!




PROUD of her cookies!
An easter egg hunt in the dark b/c who can wait to see what is in those tempting eggs?!?!



That EB- he left trails of straw, fur and candy wherever he went!!!

And then there's Mone- just happy to play with an empty egg.




Simone wore Sydney's Easter dress from 2011.
We got to spend some awesome time with cousin Hannah- check out that pigtail!!!


3 comments:

Mom said...

I've been waiting for this post ... figured it wasn't going to happen and then here it is! I was in awe of your creativity with the jelly bean poop and straw. So fun to see you let Syd have her way with the cookies - she did an awesome job. What a bad gramma I am ... I didn't have one ... but I got that awesome picture of her holding them (so does that make up for it?)

Danielle said...

Two things I love...1) That we both used jelly beans as rabbit poop! Yours was a cuter idea...Mj wouldn't stop eating them, so I told him he was eating rabbit poop. Of course he didn't care! 2) That both of our little ones got to wear the same Easter outfits of our big kids. Seeing Simone in that dress took me back to the Easter pictures with the chickens. I remember the kids FREAKING OUT when they touched them. They had a better time giggling in the chickens faces :) Wish we could have see you guys that day!

Unknown said...

Cute cute cute. I am glad you posted this, betther late than never indeed. So great you could use that sweet dress again, its a keeper! I love Sydney's creative intuition with the cookies, it may be messy but that is a big sign of confidence. You go girl!