Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Buddy Time

I'm a play date kind of Mom.  I really do enjoy them- sure, sometimes they are a lot of work, but the reward is big.  Sydney has friends that she looks forward to seeing- she's learning all about sharing, taking turns, patience, compromising, working out conflict, compassion and so on.  Everyone is a "buddy" and she always asks when we are going somewhere- "Will my buddies be there?"  I enjoy the adult time, even if it is interrupted constantly!  We're blessed to have some awesome cousins, and amazing friends that we get to meet up with frequently.  Of course this post doesn't include all of them, but these are some recent 'dates'. 



The new dinosaur exhibit at Zoo Boise is pretty impressive.  Syd was quite reserved and kept asking if it would bite her.  When I got done explaining they were just pretend, she's ask again- "But if I pet it, will it bite me?"  Pete and Repeat were on a boat...seriously.


Probably the 2nd most sought after attraction at the zoo after the merry-go-round.

It's big.  Go check it out!

 




Danielle and I were talking in the other room, and then noticed that it had gotten unusually quiet with MJ and Syd, so we peeked around the corner and this is what we found.  I held my camera out and took a picture so they wouldn't see me.  They were sitting together reading, and MJ had her arm around her.  Then a conversation began, and this is how it went:

MJ:  I got poop, and you go pee.
Syd:  (Pausing, and perplexed.)  But, I go poop AND pee.



Mouse buffet lunch!

Cousin love!



I didn't think it possible for a kid to love water more then Sydney, and then Simone came along.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun crew you run with! Love the update on the Gerich life, I was missing you :)

Mom said...

This was a fun collection of pics. I agree, everyone should go to the Zoo just to see T-Rex, and your comment about Peat and Repeat was too cute. The couch pics and story of MJ and Syd on the couch was my favorite. I am just such a sucker for my grandkids and when they get along like this, it's just icing on the cake. The swing one reminds me of when we lined all you cousin kids up at Aunt Janes when we had family get-togethers. The last one ... of Simone ... sure takes me back to Syd in that suit. But how it is possible that she is already outgrown it and that Simone now fits it. Slow down life!!!!