Getting out of dodge is so refreshing. We headed to CDA last weekend for a Summer Regional- an Edward Jones hosted family trip. Robby spent all of 8 hours in meetings the 3 days we were up there, and the rest of the time is dedicated to family, fun, a boat dinners a formal dinner and hosted breakfast and lunches. We feel very blessed to be a part of this "family"- it's an amazing company and it's a happy thing that Robby so sincerely loves his job.
We went to McCall the night before just to get 2 hours out of the way, and to play in the water. CDA was absolutely gorgeous- it was a challenge to make myself take the girls back to the hotel for a nap! Simone would scream everytime we entered the hotel room, and try to run back out the door. We only went there to sleep, so she knew what was coming when we headed down the hall. Syd was obsessed with the fact that we were in a hotel, and told everyone she saw that we were sleeping in one.
While the kids were good (considering early wake up, late late bedtimes and having to (try) to sit still in restaurants), we will be going ALONE next year. Just Robby and I, a weekend all to ourselves. I feel like a giddy school girl just thinking about all of that alone time- the hours I can spend walking Main street and looking at all the little boutiques. Going on a run in the morning, sipping coffee instead of rushing it into a to-go cup. Seriously- I'm ready for it. Too bad it's 356 days away!
.jpg) |
| One happy vacationer! |
.jpg) |
| I know they're getting big, but oh- still so sweet! |
.jpg) |
| Successfully WIPED OUT. |
.jpg) |
| Car Show |
.jpg) |
| Fort Sherman Park. AMAZING. |
.jpg) |
| Monkey bar champion! |
4 comments:
Wow, you've been a busy blogger! I'm sitting here eating a bag of Doritos after a walk and a healthy lunch enjoying my reading! I love the hand prints in the sand ... totally frame worthy. And the one of Robby in the hoop? How on earth did he do that?!
Coeur d'Alene - imagine learning to spell that in first grade.
I totally hear you on the vacationing ALONE! I am in dire need of one of those, so yes I could get excited even 300+ days ahead of time :)
That hoop picture!! No wonder that man reigns as king of your castle, what a stud!
And baby toes are sweet, no matter the size. It's like a rule until 5 at least ;)
Uh, excuse me ... it's now August!
Post a Comment