Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sun River

Have you been?  If not, put it on your list of places to go.  I keep telling people it is the quintessential family vacation.  I LOVE IT THERE.  We spent an entire week with Robby's family, and I think I could have easily stayed two.  Here's what we did:

- Bike riding.  Everyday.  There are 35+ miles of greenbelt trails throughout the resort, and the girls did phenomenal.  They let us take them on daily hour long rides. 

- Swimming.  They have two pools, and a new one that just opened that features a lazy river, two big slides, 2 kiddie pools, a sand play area and more.  Think Roaring Springs on a mini-level.

- Visited the "village" for Goody's ice cream, train rides, playtime in the bounce houses and shopping.

- I ran!  Four times!  So nice to go on vacation and be ACTIVE the entire time!  Robby enjoyed golfing with all the guys and we even got to run together one morning.

- Air show where we got to see private jets and little Cessna's take off and land.  Our twin neices got to go on a helicopter ride.

- Sydney had no interest in riding a pony this year, and trail rides are for kids ages 6 and up.  We did enjoy visiting them, petting them, and feeding them grass.

- Feeding deer in our backyard nightly.  The mama that kept coming around loved Cheerios and watermelon rinds.  She had 3 babies that came around twice.

- Tubing hill.  So much fun!  Hard work climbing to the top with tubes that weighed a TON, but once they gave you a nudge, you flew down! 

- Since we were accommodating a 1 & 3 year old, we bowed out of the river rafting, hiking and mountain biking excursion that the rest of the group went on.  We'd done it all before kids and will definitely do it when they are older and don't need naps in order to not melt down during dinnertime.  ;)

There were 18 of us between two houses which were right across the street from one another.  We shared a home with Oma and Opa, and our nieces; Madison and Jessica.  It was so fun staying up late and waking up early to have some good one-on-one conversations.  So much can be learned and appreciated in those questions asked and answered.

I hardly saw Sydney all week.  She had no time for me, and instead of fretting; I embraced it.  She is in love with her cousins, and spent every waking moment in their arms, and on their iPhones.  ;)  Madison and Jessica were so helpful, and I enjoyed the extra free time that I got on the vacation!!!

Needless to say, I'm counting down the days until next year's trip. 








There was a tiny bunny that kept popping out from under the deck in the backyard.  Hence the bunny castle creation.  Complete with a potty, table and chairs, food, doorway, bed, couch, hammock, fire pit and more.  I don't give enough credit to Mother Nature and her amazing abilities to entertain and make us stretch our imaginations. 


WHERE in Boise can I find one of these?!?

Deschutes River runs through Sun River.


I felt so old after hanging around with these hip 15 year olds.  They are the sweetest girls- full of fun questions like; "How did you and Robby meet?  How did you know he was the one?"  Fun to re-tell your love story.




The horses after being released from their day of duties at the Stables.





Check out that little cuties smile!  Sheer joy!



The whole gang.  Us, Rob's parents, and his oldest brother Mike, his wife Terri and their three kids.  Terri's parents Maureen and Don.  Terri's sister Vicki and her husband Curt along with their son Josh and his wife Abbey.  


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Putting it on my list of places to go! Those tubes look so fun!!

Laura said...

What a great time it looks by all! You should write post cards or commercials for these vacations you take because I am buying it!

Indi is wearing the same hat that moan is wearing also passed down from her big sis!

Love and miss all those faces.