Thursday, September 5, 2013

New Toy

Mama got a new toy.  I've joined the 21st century and bid my much loved flip phone adieu.  I was super hesitant about getting a 'smartphone' as I didn't know what I'd do with it.  HAH!  I found out what I can do with it!  It's got a 13 megapixel camera in it, so in the last month I took 589 pictures.  WTH does anyone need with that many pictures?  I've no idea, but at least the "I haven't taken any pictures of my kids lately" mommy guilt is GONE, and I've got used up file space to prove it.  Plus, the camera has some pretty fun features.  (Sorry to those of you on instagram that have probably already seen all of these!)



Love this technique!!!



There is finally enough hair to do ADORABLE pigtails, and the natural curl that she possesses at the bottom makes it even more killer.  Now if I could just get this tender-head to not scream like I am pinching her while I put them in...big tears.


Went to the Saturday Market and ruined a BRAND new shirt painting rocks.  It's a new found love, good thing we have plenty of rocks out back.
 Here's a few of my favorite pics of my three loves.




If I could only have this girls hair.  Lucky little ducky.


After promising Sydney ALL SUMMER (and last winter) that we would take her to the Les Bois horse races, we jumped in the car one Wednesday evening only to discover once we got to an empty parking lot that the season had closed the week before.  Boo, Mommy.  Instead we headed down to Alive after Five and scored two balloons.  Seriously- as lovely as balloons are, it NEVER ends well.  You're either going to pop them, or accidentally let go of them and watch them soar to never never land.  That happened.  With both of them.  Yes, big tears.
Just incase you were wondering if it always sunshine and lollipops over at the Gerichs house.  Shame on you for thinking that, you ought to know better.  ;)  And yes, I did piss her off more by continuing to take pictures of her tantrum.  Serious little temper, this monkey.  And very violent with whatever object is frustrating her or has hurt her.  While it is kind of cute to watch, it's not so cute when you know it's your kid and you've got to deal with it. Fill-in Mommy, where are you??? 
It has been an entertaining, memory making and FUN summer.  We faired, camped, started school (more of all of that in upcoming posts) and reached new milestones with each of the girls.

Simone is getting so big!!!  She's 16 months now and awesome at her animal sounds- Mooooo and Quaka Quaka amongst my favorites.  She is saying "Duck, Please, Mama, Baby, More, Bye" and others that aren't as understandable, but that these Mommy ears can decipher.  She's picking up speed and getting a little faster with her walking and running which is so cute to watch.  Sydney looks little to me, and then when Simone's little legs are scurring to catch up- she looks so itty bitty!  She continues to be in love with Big Sis and tries to immulate everything she does- including pretend spitting while brushing her teeth, sitting on the potty (although nothing happens, she's happy just to do it because Syd is), climbing onto the bench to sit like a big girl at the table, and being such a good little mommy to the babies.  They are little buddies- playing together in their rooms while I get something done or just take a minute to let them be alone.  Sydney is sincerely happy and congratulatory any time Mone does something new or right.  She gets big praises.  She is a kisser and will most likely kiss you goodbye before you will ever get a wave or a hello out of her.  She is learning the ABC's of roughhousing with Daddy when he gets home and changed (as soon as Syd hears him, she runs upstairs and retrieves shorts and a shirt for him.  Smart girl knowing he won't get down and wrestle until he's out of his suit!) and he is rewarded with squeals of delight.  She loves music and will dance to the beat.  Bedtimes and naptime are finally a DREAM with her.  A little milk, some talking and then lights out for her and there's rarely a peep.  This makes night time so nice- it's good for my soul to have some Mommy time!

Sydney...a little over 3 1/2, I'm wondering how it can be that she was ever as little as Mone is now.  She's such an inquisitive and thoughtful little girl.  She asks some of the best questions and I'm constantly impressed with the way she observes how things work and why they are the way they are.  It's going to be an interesting road with her as we navigate how to answer things on a level that is not only appropriate, but honest.  She isn't easily distracted when there's a question on her mind, and I think that will take her far in life.  A negotiator, and Daddy LOVES that about her.  I, on the other hand, being home with her all day find it a touch tiring.  She has dove head first into loving crafts and I'm so thrilled- I've been waiting for this!  I do think she secretly tries to make the BIGGEST mess and use the MOST glue that she can.  Coloring isn't as appealing as scissors, glue and stickers are.  I put together a craft kit for her that has all sorts of craft stuff that she can use whenever she wants.  we have lots of randomness floating around here.  She is a mommy to all things, but my favorite one lately was the rolly-polly and worm that she found in the backyard.  She is a bug lover and never hesitates to tough or pick up. Here's how our conversation went yesterday;

Syd:  Mom!  I found a rolly polly!
Me:  Awesome, Sis!
--A little while later.--
Me:  Sydney- a worm is on the patio.
Syd:  Oh, Yay!!!  Hi little worm!  How are you?  Come here you sweetie, yes sweetie, hi!.
Me:  Syd, you can't go in the house with the worm.
Syd:  Mom!  But I love this little worm!
Me:  That's fine, but you have to stay outside with it.
Syd:  But Mom!  I need to go give it to my rolly-polly so it can be buddies and have a friend!
Me:  Where is your rolly polly?
Syd:  In my bedroom.
Me:  Sydney Reece.  Go get that rolly polly and bring it outside.
Syd:  Ok, Mom.  Come on, sweetie worm.  Let's go get your buddy.

Lately she has been using "Mom" after things, which melts my heart.  For example; "I love you, Mom.  Goodnight, Mom."  Somehow it means more when she attaches my name at the end- like it's more thought out and meant only for me.  She's also been telling us that she doesn't like us, just to even it all out.  :)

4 comments:

The Chronicles of Grissom said...

Ahh, love those girls. We need to get the four together again...soon!

Mom said...

Megan, that last story, last line busted me up. What a great punch line. I loved reading this about these two sweet girls. You tell it well. I realized I hadn't read all of the fair post either ... must have gotten interrupted somehow. Anyway, that little miss is a serious little one at times ... and Syd ... I still marvel at how brave she is!

Laura said...

Loving the updates on the girls. I miss all of your sweet smiling faces. I too am new to instagram but I can not find that cartoon feature. Hook a girl up.

Laura said...

Oh and so glad that Moan is sleeping through the night. Time for another :o)