For three weeks now she's been saying; "It's going to be Monday, then Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and on Sunday I'm going to school ALL BY MYSELF. Right, Mom?" She's enrolled in a 3's class that is held on Tuesday and Thursdays from 9-12. We went to Open House on Tuesday and let her play with friends for an hour. After that, she couldn't wait for today. She kept asking- "When I wake up, will it be time for me to go to school by myself, or will I need to stay home with you?"
There was no hesitations today at drop off. She went right in, was shown how to take her name off of the "Goodbye" board and put it on the "Hello Board" and then sat down to make a craft. I went over to her and said goodbye, got a kiss and was given a smile with a "Good bye, Mom." A happy girl who waved at Sister and then dove into the project. I choked up for a minute and then Simone and I hit the road.
I was curious as to how Syd would react to me doing one-on-one things with Simone, so I felt her out by asking her what she thought I ought to do with Simone while she was at school. She replied- Well, I fink you can go home and then go on a walk and then maybe you can go to the library for storytime and then after storytime it will probably be time to come and get me from school." I went a bit further and asked- "Do you think I should take her to the zoo, or to the park?" and in all sweetness she replied- "Yes, I really fink she would like that." Well, we didn't go to the zoo because we had some errands to run, but we did take time to look at each animal very closely at our local Petco (aka mini zoo) and enjoyed our time together.
When we went to pick up Sydney they were singing their goodbye song. She saw me and got a big old grin on her face and started doing the beloved giggle that she does when she's so excited she can barely contain herself. I saw her tell the teacher "My Mom is here!" Once she was dismissed she came out and I got the biggest hug I've ever received and so did Simone. She couldn't wait to tell me that they had eaten ice cream for snack with their cheese and bananas (the theme was all about ice cream today and how can that be your theme without enjoying it?) Her favorite part was recess and she used the potty 2 times just because it is the cutest potty ever...a small one like they have in elementary schools. The teachers said it was a big hit- every kid went at least twice. She came home tired, hungry and didn't even request quiet time over nap time...she just conked out.
I'd say it was a successful first day, and I'm excited for her for all the upcoming fun she has headed her way. A new chapter in my little baby's life. A new chapter in all of our lives.
![]() |
| This is the entry. Kids have pictured hooks on the right for their coats/backpacks. Crafts dry and are left for pickup on the left. The big tree in the back has a picture of every kids family on it. |
![]() |
| We had to make a placemat that she'll use for snacktime each day. |
![]() |
| Love the way Simone is looking at Big Sis here. |
![]() |
| And LOVE this big smile! |
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Boy, I don't know how you didn't bawl ... I could have let myself do it just reading this. Three sounds so young, but looks so old in pictures. Stop growing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the place mat. I love her smile. I love the preschool pics. She is getting big!!!!
Man alive, that little lady's big smile She has contagious joy. Here's to a great time in school this year and all the time for you and Mone :)
I am so stealing that placemat idea for homeschool!
Post a Comment