Thursday, October 24, 2013

Photo Dump

I got an out-of-the-blue text from a treasured friend this week that simply said- "Take those pictures you've been taking with your new phone and do a blog post.  It's been six weeks."  So it has, and my camera is full of pictures, so now it's time to dump.  And honestly, my new found love for Instagram has made me blog-lazy...so, dear girl- this posts for you.

I suppose the first thing I thought when I heard six weeks was WOW! Syd's been in preschool for 6 weeks now- that's crazy!  Just yesterday we were taking first day pictures!  She continues to LOVE it and is usually too tired and hungry when I pick her up to tell me many details.  It's usually during lunch or after nap that I am privy to the fun that she had that day, or the new things she has learned- like how butter is made or what sound a letter makes- which is always 't, t, t' even when I correct her she still says- "Nope.  It's t, t, t."  Just when I think she is picking up nothing, we open a book and she shows me a, b, c and d.  Now I feel better.  ;)  She's learning new songs and will usually sing during lunch trying to remember the words.  They meet with Pastor John once a week for bible story time, and that seems to be a highlight.  Snack still reigns in as coolest thing, and that's always the first thing she tells me.  "Mom!  Do you know what we have for snack today?"  We had "parent teacher conferences" two weeks ago and for her teachers commented that when they thought of Sydney they thought art and then dress up, and then purses.  I commented that she was a total hoarder and they both laughed- like when all the food disappears from the kitchen area, they look in Sydney's bag and she's gone around collecting all the little stuff that will fit.  She seems to like a little boy named Boone the best, and I think it's because he sits next to her at Circle Time, so she's gotten really used to him.  With only 3 boys and 8 girls in the class, Boone gets a lot of attention.  ;) 

She continues to flip me lip and I continue to try to nip it.  Her favorite phrase right now is "I'm tired of this.  Everybody is being mean to me.  I don't want to talk to you anymore."  It's fun, real fun.  I feel like we're in this weird limbo stage of independence and dependence.  Like sometimes she just wants cuddles and hugs and to be close to me and then all I can think about is how my time is so limited with that and one day soon she isn't going to need that like she does now.  She's a confident little being and doesn't think twice about leaving my side to venture out and do something fun and new.  We were cooking muffins for her to take to school for snack tomorrow and I finally relented when she asked if she could crack the egg.  Usually I tell her no, to which she always responds; "but Grandma lets me" and then I still tell her no.  Today I said yes, and she cracked that egg so beautifully that when I said- "wow, Syd- you really do know how to crack eggs" she simply replied; "I've been trying to tell you that, Mom."  Oopsie.  Guess sometimes the idea of the mess and cleanup gets in the way of her experimenting.  Learning moment for me. 

She has figured out how to get Simone out of bed, which is quite awesome, really...and super cute when I am spying on them.  It usually goes like this- "Good morning, Mone.  How are you baby?  Did you go shi-shi?  Ca-ca?  Do you want me to change your diaper, baby?  Oh, come here you sweetie- come here baby.  There we go.  Wanna go see Mommy?  Come on, Mone- let's go see Mommy."  They have their moments for sure, but Sydney is so patient and willing to help when it comes to Simone.  Always thinking of her, getting her water- giving her a toy to play with, showing her animals in a book, etc. 

Simone.  Almost 18 months that little lady.  A very spirited girl and I'm hoping that calms!!!  She's increasing her vocabulary daily and when I don't understand what she's saying she will grab me by the hand and show me.  She's been pooping in the potty for over a month now, but that doesn't mean we're potty trained- just a few less poopy diapers I have to clean!  She's pretty good about telling me, and if I am good at listening then we make it...and if not, well...poopy diaper.  She wants in on EVERYTHING Sydney gets or does and plays really independently.  She loves practicing her animal sounds, squirrels and monkeys being her favorite.  If she's throwing a fit in a store all I have to say is- "Simone!  Can you find a squirrel?" and her little eyes dart around searching.  As much as she's a mama's girl, she has a special flirty reserve for Daddy.  Big squeals and hugs when he gets home and even lap cuddle time.  She has perfected a scowl face and if you don't know her (and even if you do!) you will most likely meet the scowl instead of the smile.  It cracks me up, personally- but I can only imagine what people are thinking!  We hooked the bike seat up (why didn't we do this sooner?) and seriously- that girl LOVES it.  Bike quickly became a new vocabulary word.  Boundaries certainly do not exist at the moment, and this strong willed girl doesn't give a hoot if you tell her no.  She loves to walk at the stores and the shopping cart is now my nemesis.  I forgot how busy one and a half was. 

Ok, enough chitta-chatta.  Here's a visual update.

Love the natural highlights that both girls have.  Why is mama's so mousey brown???


We call her the Gypsy, cause really- anything with wild color, this girl loves.  Black is no option.


Big week for Sis as she got to take home "Pink Bear"...the traveling (germy) stuffed teddy bear.  Perhaps I do have a stuffed animal phobia.  She slept with her nightly and rarely let her out of sight.
The coolest part of Pink Bear was its magnetic hands- perfect for monkey bar hanging!

I have about 65 of these selfies on my phone.



Gilbert, their school pet.




I chopped my hair.  After 3 cuts and 3 color jobs, I am finally a happy woman.  (Danielle saved the day.)



Zoo date with the little one.

Top left hand picture:  A shining example of how much Big Sis will help out.  Too tough to push threw grass, so she carried it while pushing hers uphill.  I didn't help- I took a picture of the sweet act.


Fall.  Love.  I used to think Spring was the prettiest, but really I think Spring is pretty just because it's the first sign of life after a long dead winter.  Fall takes the cake on gorgeous.

Monkey bars that my Grandpa Mouser made for Matt and I when we were Syd's age are now back in the family- ad what a hit they are! 

I got a crafty bug, three days in a row and that's how it usually goes- craft overload and then staleness on the creativity.  I made this banner with some remnants I had in my scrapbooking supply pile.


A couple of crafty playdates with our favorite cousin.  My favorite is watching how extremely clean MJ stays and how extremely dirty Sydney gets. 


Gourds.  Why do they have to be a fall thing? 



Capturing love.





Sydney got a hair cut by yours truly.  And then we promptly visited Aunt Danielle to fix said haircut.  Why the hell do I even try?  It's the desiring hair dresser in me. 

We figured out zipper jammies.


My first set of homemade curtains!  The fabric was meant to be in my home, matching both of my walls to a T. 
The Halloween costume I DIDN'T wear.  A 1910 swimsuit sewn by Grandma Jo 30+ years ago.  As accurate as it was, I couldn't get over how ridiculously lanky I looked.
Twiggy and Raggedy Ann.  Robby did his makeup all by himself and the costume was sewn by Aunt Linda years and years ago.  I wore the wedding dress my Grandma Mouser wore to my parents wedding, and now I secretly wish I could wear fake eyelashes every day.



3 comments:

Mom XXOO said...

Oh what a wonderful walk down "6-week Lane"! Where to start on how perfect the stories about the girls were. I agree that Syd is the best big sister ever. I never hear her complain about Simone. That camera of yours takes some nice pics and I love the Instagram ones, especially Mone with her butt crack. Ahahhhhhaaa! So cute. Your Halloween costumes turned out great. You looked just like Twiggy, and I love yours and Syd's shorter hairstyles. I can't believe it's been 6 weeks of preschool either ... I need to get out there and see it!

Unknown said...

Yay! So glad your friend texted :) I was missing the blog. Love the shorter hair, it is perfect on you. That Danielle is magic! The house looked amazing, so happy I could see it in person. Totally approve of the Halloween fun, too...much better than what we saw downtown last night-HA! Hope to see the girl's get-ups on here next week.

Unknown said...

Love all of the fun, new home decor!! Also my favorite picture by far is Mone pulling up (or down) her pants. Nothin cuter than baby butt crack!!