Friday, April 25, 2014

And Some More

Told you I was behind.  Where did we leave off?  Oh, yes...manis/pedis by my 4 year old.  Let's talk about that girl for a quick hot second.  She's become very aware lately of what I say to Simone, and she's a bit of a jelly belly.  If I tell Simone I love her, not 1 second goes by before Sydney goes "You didn't tell me that!"  In all reality, I don't even have time to tell her before she calls me out. Lots of reassurance going on around here.  She also relishes anytime Simone gets reprimanded or put in time out.  It's like this glow of satisfaction...should I be worried?  Probably not, because the other 97% of the time Sydney continues to be the best big sister...taking her potty, getting her out of the crib in the morning or after nap, helping her get dressed, explaining things to her and constantly playing with her.  Hmmm...that kind of sounds like I don't do much!  Actually, I am LOVING siblinghood- it's so nice that they play good together so I can cook a meal, or clean up a mess!  They're building a solid friendship and I'm so darn hopeful that it carries them throughout their life.

We were in the checkout line at Costco the other day and the cashier lady goes; "Does she talk in her sleep?  You know, because she can't get it all out during the day?  An inquisitive little one you have there."  I just laughed at the fact that she described her after knowing her 2 minutes.

The girls got to go skinny dipping in Granny Jo Jo's hot tub.  (Big smiles.)  I am a tad concerned with the poses my daughter does for the camera, however...
 








I've started allowing the girls to unbuckle and come in the front seat to go through the car wash.  It's pretty exciting, and helps Simone since she was quite scared up until now.

Another art project.  This one was NOT supposed to be all over us. Ayayayay.



Besides always having a fun treat to give this girl, Granny Jo Jo has continued to make doll clothes.  We try to see her weekly, and hardly one goes by that Syd's doll isn't donning a new outfit. 

A surprise overnight visit from these two adorable nieces had our little ones tickled pink.  It's got to be so cool having older cousins that oogle over you!

We. Did. Robie!

I finished at 2:02, and Robby at 2:14.  Not too shabby for first timers.  I think we'd both do it again.





















Happy Easter!  It was a crazy day, but that's the way we do Holidays around here.  We churched in Nampa with his family and then went to Oma/Opa's house for lunch.  After we got a nap out of Simone we packed up and headed to Ann Morrison for a picnic with my family.  Every night since Easter Sydney has prayed "And thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for us to save our sins."  One cannot begin to comprehend that sacrifice at this little age, but it makes me smile knowing that she knows it's something to be grateful for.

Aunt Leah, Hannah and Uncle Danny.  We got to spend one week with this cute, loveable, happy family...and now they are on their way to Alaska for the summer.  It will be November before we get to hug again. 

Steve made it home for Easter also, which was awesome as he helped Joe for 4 straight days get the garden, sprinkler system and yard back in working order.



It's garden time!!!  This was a few weeks ago, it's so amazing to me what a little water and sun will do.

Daddy let her have at it alone, and she was quite proud.  I think he was happy knowing there's on a few years before he can completely turn over the lawn mowing responsibilities.  ;)






1 comment:

Mom said...

Aww, sweet post with so much catching up. That poser Syd -- too funny now but probably not so much later. :-) I cracked up at the art projects - Simone reaaaallly gets into them! Love the Gerichs men photo, and of course the mean Momma mustache of me. I love that one so much. Yea. Thanks Meg. Just good stuff from a great little family. Fun seeing you guys tonight too. How random! The kids were so excited to see each other again -- it's been so long! Love you! Mom