Thursday, April 24, 2014

This, That and a Whole Lot More

Wow, I'm a wee bit behind, eh?  Like 450 pics on my phone behind.  No worries, I won't post THAT many pictures, but I do have lots to "document" so enjoy the photos and read the captions if you really have time and care...I must write down these big little moments in our lives as it will all soon be forgotten and I will be a Grandma myself.  Yes, I know- I'm dramatic.

So here's what we've been up to since February.

I forced Sydney to learn how to write her name by telling her the only way she could go to her Preschool Valentine Day party was to sign her Valentine's to her friends.  It may be wrong, but it worked...and now she signs her name every chance she gets...and it's fun to see how much it's improved since this first time.  Growin' up, we growin' up.



Simone was gifted this "little girl" quilt which matches one that Granny Jo Jo made Sydney when she was two.  These are sentimental to me as I still have my "little girl" quilt that she made me when I was young. 


She's loved by us all and is an active part of our lives.  Always answering the phone with the cheeriest of hello's, I think that's one of my top favorite things about her.  That and the way that her whole world lights up when she sees the little people in her life.

This blue eyed beauty turned two, and kills me with his adorableness.  He walks around saying "Mone?" and his shy demeanor makes me want to squeeze him all the more.

Some Cousin, Grampa love going on.

Sydney continues to cherish every moment she can spend with her favorite MJ.  They will go weeks without seeing each other and pick up where they left off.

I've been "arting" more around here, and it's always, always this messy.
Some one on one time with my babe at the zoo.  Monkeys are the hit...it's hard to get past the monkeys.
Dressing up to feed the ducks.  Obviously.
Edible art project.  I think they were more overjoyed that I bought cheap white bread....a treat from the usual.  Yummmm.
Shaving cream tub play.  This lasted all of 7 minutes.  Note to self: turn the heater on next time so warm bodies want to play longer!
Big girl date!!!  My friend Crystal and I took the "big" girls on a date miniature golfing, ice cream and some park play.  Natalia is 8 months older than Sydney, and Sydney thinks she's the cats meow.  She kind of is, actually.  ;)
I'm quite certain that no sleeping baby is as sweet as your own sleeping baby...for numerous reasons, of course.
My giraffe girl continues to rock it on the play ground.  She's daring and adventurous and that's going to serve her well, but will also probably give her a broken arm one of these days.
Simone is over sitting on her own in the booster seat, requesting daily; "I sit by Syd!"  Most of what's on her spoon ends up on the floor still.






Opa rocks on the teeter totter...I'm certain he was sore in the quads the next day!

Both girls concentrated quite hard on a birthday art project for Daddy, Syd especially who was very concerned about getting enough glitter on the picture.  Not sure about the picture, but I certainly had enough all over my kitchen!  Oh that girls love for all things glittery and sparkly.  I cannot quite relate, but try to embellish her love for it.

That would be Daddy and Sydney, not two octopuses.  ;)

For his birthday we went miniature golfing with Oma and Opa.  The form is so off, I have no other comment.

This sweet dork of mine turned 34.  Still has the heart of a youngin, so we're good.

Shablam!  That's hot!

I FINALLY relented and let her have a go at it herself.  She's hooked.  HOOKED.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! A post, I've been checking for one. Love hearing all about your adventures. You know I love that glitter and those mani/pedi skillz :D