Monday, February 10, 2014

Snow Babies

HOW have I grown up in Boise Idaho and never gone to the McCall Winter Carnival???  I've wanted to go for years and something always comes up and we never do, so this year we planned it and stuck with it.  We just did a day trip, and next year I'd like to do an overnighter.  It was perfect- we were up there by 10, sledding by 11, eating by 1, and then driving home by 4 after a full day of walking to see all the ice sculptures and more sledding.  The girls were outside the entire time minus the one hour warm up reprieve we had during lunch, and they were rock stars.  They both had so much fun, loved the sledding and enjoyed being towed around in the sled thru the streets to see the sculptures.  I'd love to see the artists actually carving- it's absolutely amazing the size and detail that they put into them.

So, if you've never been- make plans, and do it in 2015.


I can't remember the last time I went sledding.  It'd been too long.  SO much fun, but SO much work pulling them back UP the hill!!!





He squeezed himself up and out of this tunnel with Sydney.  Love that about him.



Licking the inside of the tomb.  I couldn't stop her.  People just kept laughing about it.

Inside the tomb.


A one hour siesta from this little mama left her recharged and ready for more sledding fun!


Daddy doing all the hard work.

 

She even went solo!

Coffee break time!




Lunch break for hungry bellies!  Salad and pizza- perfect.
 

Finding Nemo




This was my favorite.  I love how the roles are reversed and Daddy is being the airplane!

5 comments:

Mom said...

What fun Megan. I especially loved the two images that were pencil drawings -- especially of Simone with that cute expression and all the shapes. You should blow that up somewhere. The ice carvings were quite impressive after hearing they were all melted, but that ice tomb was freaky! How did they keep it from falling in on somebody. It gave me the shivers.

Dad said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Great memories.

Unknown said...

Fun times! I am one of those saying "oh, next year we'll do it" So cool you just made it happen. Those girls have taken to the snow like pros. And all your snow gear is so cute! (priorities, right?!)

Laura said...

Looks like a great time!!! Wish it were Winter in July ;o)
I really like all the pictures. I though Simone was Sydney for one minute! I especially like the pic of you and your man.

Mom said...

April 8 - Just your mom here looking to see if you have my grandgirls playing in the warm Idaho sunshine at a park somewhere. Nope. :-) Maybe next time. ;-)