July was just as busy. Maybe that's just how summer is around here. Trying to pack it all in, and having an exhausted blast doing so. First off...first frenchies for my little lady!!! And then I chopped all her hair off and forgot that I was also chopping the ability to do this. Dang!
Us ladies went to a movie for my birthday. We saw Home, which I loved.
The Gerichs Gang came to town!!! It's been too long since we've seen them all; Uncle Mike, Aunt Terri, Madison and Jessica. Her parents, Don and Maureen and Danny, Leah, Hannah, Gavin, Oma and Opa all joined us for a 4th of July BBQ.
 |
| Jessica |
 |
| Cousin Gavin at 8 weeks and Cole at 7 weeks. |

After dinner Madison and Jessica took the three girls on a walk, and they spotted a bullfrog. They came back and Sydney took Aunt Terri to go see it, and then they came back WITH IT. I was shocked. They told us the story of how they caught it, and then Aunt Leah decided she should take it out. Brave woman, that one. Syd was in heaven and enjoyed holding him and walking him back to the pond afterwards.
 |
| My Gerichs SIL's. Lucky me!!! |
With five camping trips planned with friends and family, we decided we needed to take one just the five of us...so we set out to Cascade on the rainiest weekend ever. Thank goodness we owned a trailer or we would have packed up and went right back home. It dumped for hours! Inbetween the rain we had fun catching frogs, attempting to catch minnows, fishing, scootering and crafting. While it rained we enjoyed coloring, go fish and dominoes. It was nice to just spend time with the ladies instead of having them off with friends the entire time!
 |
| Listening as Daddy explains dominoes. |
 |
| Smores in the camper? WHAT? |
 |
| BIG deal right here. He took a pacifier. Thank goodness!!! I didn't mind him sucking on my index finger, unless I was driving or shopping or doing anything else that requires my right hands use. |
 |
| These poor frogs. She kept picking them up and throwing them back into the water. They really didn't want to be IN the water. |
 |
| Minnow stalking. |
 |
| And then the rains came. |
 |
| She caught a minnow! But only b/c it was dead. |
 |
| I got crafty, they were in heaven. |
 |
| Sydney's |
 |
| Simone's |
The next weekend we went back to Silver Creek with Gramma, Grampa, MJ and Jayden. It was good for my soul to get three days of unlimited nephew time. They're the sweetest, and all four kids played really well together.
 |
| First dip in Silver Creek! |
 |
| Argh I'm so smitten with this little man. SO SO smitten. He's 7 weeks here. |
 |
| And his hands found each other!!! |
And then, this lady decided she was over the long locks...so Auntie chopped them!!!
2 comments:
Did you see in Lila's post that I took a picture of that (same) frog? I love how the girls aren't afraid of stuff - like big and little frogs and dead fish. Eww.
Love the braids, good job! Loved Home, almost my favorite movie of the year. (go see Inside Out if you haven't) Love that your girls want to hold a toad. Love the crafts at camp, who does that? You do!
Post a Comment