Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Time

Oh, time.  You and I just can't seem to find a happy medium in our relationship.  One minute you are like sticky pureed quinoa- absolutely impossible to scrub off of my babies face, and frustrating me that you tick tock so slow and I can't seem to get anything done no matter how slow you move and the next you are like trying to open a door handle with freshly lotioned hands.  So stinking slippery and frustrating me because you won't slow down and I have these kids and this marriage and this life and it's all going too fast and I'm scared about that. 

That all made a hell of a lot of sense in my head, but when I read it nothing makes sense.  I'll blame it on the Shock Top I had and continue on...

So, you ask...how has 3 kids changed life as I know it?  Well, I haven't blogged in 7 months.  Need I say more?  I love life with three, and in SO many ways going from 1 to 2 was infinitely harder than going from 2 to 3.  AND Cole is the. perfect. baby...so that has helped.  In all honesty I attribute the smoothish transition to two major factors.  1.  Sydney is incredible with Cole.  She will hear him crying from across the house, put down whatever she is into and tend to him before I can.  She has prided holding him since early on and still enjoys carrying him around, although he is almost getting too heavy for her.  She makes him laugh, distracts his tears with a toy, takes him into the cave to play Barbies with her, fetches his balls and talks in a sweet sing-song voice to him constantly.  When she wakes in the morning she needs her Cole-cuddles before I can expect her to get dressed or brush her teeth.  2.  Simone is the best independent player/entertainer I have yet to meet.  There are days when hours go by where she's interacted with herself or Sydney and I pause to think "hmmmm, when is the last time I have checked in with that girl?"  Hey- it's true, and I'm not going to feel bad for saying it.  Which makes it all that much harder when she comes to me with those amazingly large and gorgeous brown eyes and says "Mommy, can you please play with me?" and I can't because I need to nurse, or get Cole down, or get some meal prepped, or try to do a load of laundry.  She's the one I push off the most, and it's because she doesn't demand my attention as much as the older and youngest do.  And it's that very reason that I should give her more- because she is understanding, patient, and just my sweet little 3 year old for just a touch in time longer.  Side note: writing is good.  It not only allows me to document life as I know it, but see the areas I need to improve upon. 

So, really- three kids means I am busier, which means non-critical areas (like my blog) certainly get pushed to the back of the line.  And I can't just SKIP the last 7 months, because that is 7 months of my little man's life, and I can't not have those sweet moments put into this book.  He's already got less pictures, videos and time!  (Yes, Love- you called it.)  And then when there is extra time- I enjoying late night couch talks with my husband, the occasional picking up, or am just exhausted by how behind I am here!

So, onward to August. 

2 comments:

Mom said...

Ok, so let's just say this post was WONDERFUL! Such soleful writing and vulnerability. You have a gift of writing Meg. Can't wait to get on to the rest of it!

Unknown said...

Hooray! So glad to see new posts. I love a little window into Gerichs life :)