August was the best month last summer. It was packed with a crazy amount of fun- and I loved looking back through the 400+ pictures from those adventures!
First lets visit our three camping trips. We kicked off August by going (the five of us) to Bull Trout. A campground I've never visited, but heard of lots. I was ready to try something new! We got a gorgeous spot all to ourselves, and a calm little baby lake that the kids could play in. River walking, fishing, and enjoying our new little trailer immensely.
 |
| Trailer Sink Scrubs |
 |
| A hug and a squeeze and a mouth full of seeds |
We headed to Stanley for the day to check things out because we hadn't been there since our one year anniversary- eight years prior. It was every bit as beautiful and cold as I had remembered. Hopefully we can make it back up there next camping season to enjoy its wonder again.
We ventured back to Bull Trout with our friends, The Morrisons again the weekend before school started. Hayden and Sydney are great friends and I'm lucky to say the same about Erin and I. We have a lot of fun together, and this weekend was tradition starting fun. The girls shot bb guns for the first time, we hiked and got war wounds to prove it, we took turns telling stories around the campfire- all adults and kids included- and played hide and seek in the dark. Oh, and Erin introduced me to New Age wine. Where has that been all my life?!
 |
| We had just got done praising Simone for how wonderful she had been doing on the hike. No whining, no crying, no lolly-gagging....and then this happened... |
 |
| A big ol' mean rock got in her way and down she went. A few minutes of tears, and then out popped the lollipops to make it all better. That cut stayed around for a few weeks. |
 |
| Gavin is 7, Syd & Hayden 5 and Simone 3. |
 |
| Cole Beco'd like a champ that day. He slept the entire two hours on the hike and then an additional hour when we returned to camp. |
We also squeezed a trip inbetween these two with our favorite Curry Family. We went to Silver Creek and I've no clue why I haven't a single picture from that trip. Probably too busy enjoying each others company, especially because the girls had their besties there.
We camped a total of 7 times this summer, starting when Cole was 5 weeks old. He just went with it, and kept on being Mr. Perfect. ;)
3 comments:
Nice to have you back Megan!!! The very first picture instantly took me back to Warm Lake and camping with the Saids way before you kids came along. I can see the same picture in my head of our set up. That was a busy summer for you for sure and you champed it like a rock star with three kids.
Beautiful pictures. I can see why you want to escape the city for those gems. Such great memories with the girls, too. You're making it look easy with three kids in tow!
I love the photo of you and Erin shooting guns with your babies pouched on the front! Good thing they were only bb guns!
Post a Comment