October brought the Gerichs family together...at least all four boys together...something that doesn't happen all that frequently, unfortunately. Everyone has busy lives and it's hard to all be in the same place at the same time. Cole and Gavin were baptized together at Holy Apostles, so Uncle Steve, Cousin Melanie and Uncle Mike came for the occasion. It's a sweet, intimate little ceremony held after Mass. Simone and Hannah were baptized together there as well, so it was reminiscent to have the boys done together. Cole wore the same gown that Sydney and Robby wore, and Gavin wore the gown that Joe was dedicated in when he was just a baby. They both looked like sweet little girls in their flowing white gowns and beautiful glowing faces.
Cole fell asleep in Uncle Steve's arms during Mass- and Robby and I couldn't get over it. That never happens to us so we were in shock that it did. He slept through changing into his gown, and slept through the whole thing right up until the end. Gavin was a happy little sweetie the whole time, not unlike his constant joyful self.
I'm thankful to belong to families, both mine and his, and a man who love the Lord so fervently. It's been an interesting journey thus far marrying a Catholic after being raised a Baptist. It's broken down my stereotypes about religion, torn down the boundaries that I've put God's love in and humbly made me realize that everyone views, rejoices, depends on, worships, and loves God in their own ways, and that each way is just as deserving and equal as the next. I try desperately not to judge, as I've got more than enough work on my own spiritual path to worry about than someone else's. God loves us all, and he simply can't be put in a box, so why try?
 |
| Simone took her job as baptismal-candle-holder VERY seriously. |
 |
| Rob 35, Danny 40, Mike 46, Steve 43 (Or close enough) |
  |
| I can't help but imagine the crazy and fun that growing up with 3 brothers was like. It's fun to hear stories and each brothers thoughts and views on growing up together. And pictures like this make me swoon. |
4 comments:
Well said words in your opening Megan.
Great pic of the Gerichs family!!
I was just captivated by your words on this. I am so pleased to hear how y'all celebrate the Father's love for us. Well said!
Awesome work Love! I could write an entire blog to add color to this post.
Post a Comment