Sydney had been asking us for months at the end of last year if she could do ballet. We told her that when Kindergarten started, she could. Simone insisted on doing it also, which meant giving up gymnastics. That lasted all of two months and now she's happily back doing somersaults, bars, and balancing beams with her best buddy Charlotte. But, in the meantime Gramma got some super sweet pictures of the two-second ballerina. Sydney enjoys it, and is in a ballet/tap combo class. She doesn't love it over soccer, tho- so this will be her first and last year as I have set a one-extracurricular-per-kid rule going into First Grade. It becomes too much quickly I've learned, so next year we are going to tone it down.
Back to soccer. Here's some pics that Gramma took (who else!?) that captures the joy she is having out on that field.
Hannah and Gavin continue to be a big part of our lives every four weeks and I feel so blessed to have them. Hannah adores the girls, and vice versa, and it's so fun to be experiencing all the same things with Cole that Leah is experiencing with Gavin. She's a wonderful Mom, and an outstanding Sis-in-law. They travel back and forth to Cali, so our time with them is not as frequent as I'd like, and treasured.
Every year we go to St. Mary's School Carnival in Nampa where Elli runs the pie booth and relishes in having her grandkids come ride rides, play games and get introduced to her friends. It's always ridiculously hot when we go, but the kids don't mind- they love it.
The other day Sydney said to Rob and I; "School sucks." I about fell off my chair. We explained to her that we don't use that word, and later that night I was thinking about the whole situation. I chuckled and thought to myself- if she would have said "September sucks." I would have given her an amen, a high five and told her nice choice of words. Because, really. For a few moments there- September sucked.
To make a long story short, Cole and Rob got whooping cough. Yes, Pertussis- the stuff we vaccinate for. Who knows how Rob got it, but Cole had only had his 2 month vaccinations so he was an easy target. Chest x-rays and multiple visits to the doctor to monitor what was going on left me in shambles. Your mind can go funny places when you let it, and I had to constantly look to Rob for an uplifting chat, for confirmation that our baby was going to live, for reassurance that we were doing all that we could for him. Thank the good Lord who was looking out for that little sweetie, because I am still in awe of how well he recovered from the scary 2 minute coughing episodes. His cough did go on to last 3 months like the nickname- "The 100 day cough" but looking back I am so grateful that the frightening days were limited.
![]() |
| To rule out pneumonia and other chest issues they had to do a chest x-ray. It was quite horrible to watch, and he did NOT prefer it. |
Onto a more positive note- he got his first and second teeth this month on the bottom. He can roll over both ways, can sit up and is grabbing at everything! His blue eyes kill me and are the first thing anyone compliments. His demeanor is so chill, leaving Rob and I to whisper "Oh my gosh, he's so perfect" out of the girl's hearing. He truly is a little joy to us.
![]() |
| This funny lip face is all we saw for a few weeks while he was feeling out his new chompers. |
![]() |
| Best onesie ever. |

Hard to take this serious, right? That's what the cars driving next to me thought too.
|
![]() |
| Hot chocolate chipmunk cheeks. |

And now looking back at this month, I realize it really didn't suck as bad as I thought it did. There are so many wonderful things surrounding me, such a web of support and love. So many blessings in these little lives I get to care for.






























2 comments:
Beautiful ... you, family, writing, girls, Cole. He looked so chunky compared to now too.
1) The pic with you and Simone for preschool is everything. You look amazing and her with that sweet smile. EVERYTHING, I tell ya!
2) I have a terrible relationship with September, so yes, I totally felt you on this post.
3) I want a girl just for the shallow reason of having those ballet pics. Stunning!!!
Post a Comment