Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Ukulele Man

Robby has been playing the ukulele now for a few months and had his first recital last night. He did great, but I felt for him...I felt for every single body that had to go on stage and perform. I hate recitals. From my ten years playing the piano, recitals NEVER got any easier. All eyes on you- a big light, silence...it's horrible. The ukulele is the first musical instrument Robby has ever played...and I don't think he could have picked a smaller instrument for a 6'8" guy to hold.

Here's Sydney helping Daddy get ready for the big performance.

"Ok Dad, remember to hit C7 three counts after C3. No, put your fingers like this. Dad- you have to listen to what I'm telling you!!! Practice makes perfect!!!"

"Ok, are you ready? One..two...three...four."

And then they made music, beautiful sounding music.

And then they rocked out like they were in a Rock Band...ok, more like a Hawaiian Ukulele Band.

And then Robby performed "Island Style" with his teacher, Curtis. Nice job, Love- you're doing great!

1 comment:

MOM said...

Megan, these post photos are precious. Sydney looking up at her daddy like that -- priceless! Robby, we watched the video of you playing and you did awesome! Wonderful job, really. Even when you messed up you got right back in and I loved how your teacher made you finish. Mike and I laughed a little but we were laughing with you, not at you. We are proud of you -- great job big guy.