After 15 months of knowing one another and playing with each other several times a week, they have finally left "parallel play" where they play independently of one another while sitting next to each other and have actually started interacting on a regular basis. It's the sweetest thing. Helaina says "Sy, Sy" and Sydney says "Hh, Hh" when talking about each other. Big smiles and squeals are met when they reunite. Sydney thinks Helaina's water bottle is the cat's meow- which works out perfectly, because Helaina thinks Sydney's is the best thing since sliced bread. Helaina chases Sydney around the dining room table squealing and giggling....then they run to Helaina's room and giggle some more. My attempts at getting this on flip video have been squashed- I'm taking it as one of those things that only Laura and I get the pleasure of enjoying...a sweet memory to bottle and smile about.
We were on our way to baby hula yesterday and I was able to get this sweetness on video. It's moments like this that make me
Click to watch:
Sydney and Helaina
1 comment:
Oh no! I feel some of what you are going through. I guess it is good that our kids are still young. Parker is 11 & he is even having a hard time with moving. 2 weeks? Wow, good luck packing up & all the little details involved. You 3 will be in my thoughts & prayers-big stuff happenin'!
Post a Comment