Monday, April 25, 2011

Past Due Mumbo Jumbo

If my blog were a library, and fined me for being late on a post, then I would have quite the late fee.  Instead I have a nagging desire to blog about my new life...kinda feels like it...guess I should say new world, even though it was my "old" world, it's all new again.  Sorry if I lost you there.  Anyway- I'm a bit OCD about this blog (amongst other things) and while it annoys me that I'm blogging about our big move home before bloggin about our last few days in Hawaii, our wonderful visitors (Robby's oldest brother and his family) and the awesome para sailing trip Robby went on thanks to Aunt Julie and Uncle Dale, I'm going to do it anyways.  It's raining hailing, thundering, I have a sleeping baby, more chocolate then I know what to do with...and I'm feeling a little type-happy...so I'm blogging.  Here goes...and it's gonna be random.

We're home.  HOMEHome.  I know that home is wherever my sweet husband and daughter are- but if we're talking other things, then we're home.  It's weird.  Weird in a good way- like hmmm...I remember these streets, but darn- what is the name again?  Weird like...I lived here 25 years and I have never seen that building...how long has it been around?  It's comfy-cozy.  It's fresh and new.  There's nothing like leaving what you know to appreciate it more.  Little things- like the openness of the city..how you can see those dirty snow-capped mountains from anywhere.  There's minimal parking garages, huge grocery stores with billions of options...not to mention prices, which 2 1/2 weeks later I'm STILL enthralled with.  An adorable and clean downtown that is hopping on the weekends as well as during the week. 

Parks.  Wow.  A big pat on the back to Boise Parks and Recreation for making the parks here so beautiful, inviting, clean and perfect for little 16 month old girls who love slides and swings.  If Syd is like me- then she doesn't know where to start when we get to the playground...they are all easily 2-3 times bigger than the ones she is used to. 

We've rented a cute 2b/2b right on the Greenbelt and I'm not sure if I'm ever going to want to move into the home we own (which is rented out at the moment).  Being on the greenbelt 5 minutes (walking) away from a HUGE park, 5 minutes from the zoo, 10 minutes from downtown, endless running routes right out my back door, etc. is going to be hard to leave.  We came home last night to 4 deer standing 20 feet from our parking spot.  I walked closer to get a picture and then one started walking towards me...which scared me, so I chickened out.  Besides the ridiculously perfect location, there are 3 things about our new home that tickle me pink, purple, and fuscia:

1.  Sydney has her own bedroom.  I think that little girl is in heaven.  Her favorite thing to do is to hide in the closet behind the doors...without warning she'll just disappear and you can search and search, but she's most likely hiding behind the doors and peeking at you through the crack. It is pretty cool that she had a lanai in Hawaii for her first bedroom, but this one is so roomy- open, clean and fresh.
2.  Sydney has her own cupboard in the kitchen.  Ever since Sydney was old enough to crawl into the kitchen I have been promising her that one day when we move to Boise, she will get her own cupboard that she can play in and I'll never tell her "No, you can't get in there."  She's my little kitchen buddy and is always in there playing when I'm cooking. 
3.  New carpet.  There are few things greater than new carpet. 

The job hunt continues for my unemployed man.  He's staying optomistic, determined and focused.  I can't ask for anything more and trust that something will come along someday soon.  In the meantime, we are enjoying having "Dada!" home at random times during the day, and are taking advantage of the extra time with him.  We're going to miss him like crazy when he leaves us for a "real" job. 

It's cold, and call me crazy- but I'm enjoying it.  It's nice to have a change of weather and scenery.  The leaves are just starting to bud and I'm thrilled that I got a chance to see the last of winter before spring arrived.  Not sure how next winter will treat me when I've got 4-5 months of the cold versus one, but I'll figure it out.  ;) 


And now, for some pictures, cause those are much cooler than my mumbo jumbo. 
Sydney's Cupboards

The greenbelt right out our backdoor.

The park 5 minutes from our house.

Geese.  I hate them.  HATE THEM.

She looks happy, don't you think?






















The last of our boxes came in today- we ended up shipping 15 large boxes and 3 small ones.  Don't ask me what we put in them...I didn't think we had that much stuff.  They all got here, although some were questionable...and these weren't even the worst of them!

















 
And since this is a random post anyway- on a completely unrelated note...we're still working on feeding ourselves cleanly.  It's a work in progress.






















 In closing, I found myself talking out loud on my run the other day.  Dorky as it is, I said- "Ahhhhh, good to be back, Boise."  And it is. 

4 comments:

The Higgs said...

So it is with bitter sweet that I say " I am SO happy for you. Part of me, I'm sure wishes you were just miserable enough to consider coming back -- but that is only for my own benefit. -- it does truly make me SO happy to hear your relief and your gratitude for returning home. Syd looks adorable. I love the food pic and the pic of her cabinet. I can't wait to walk on the greenbelt with you, for H to play on that amazing play set, and to see your digs - where ever that ends up being. Miss you loads.

Anonymous said...

Yea! So fun to see a new post ... what took you so long? Ha, ah ha ha ha! It's nice to read your happiness about Boise. I feared a little what Laura hoped ... that you might regret it just a bit as Hawaii has some pretty nice things to offer. Who would have ever thought little Boise could one-up Hawaii! Go Boise, Go Boise! Love you Babe ... so glad you're home and brought that stinkin' cute baby with you (and the tall one too). Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Glad to hear things are working out. I loved the update, I was really wondering how the move went. Good luck on the job front...scary but a huge opportunity for God to blow your socks off- He always has the best in store for us :D

Maybe we could do a morning playdate at the park next week? I just have Collin during the day.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so close to us! Since the crappy weather may finally be over, we should get together for a zoo or park (or both!) excursion some time soon.