Friday, May 30, 2014

"I Two!"

Our baby is TWO!  (Enter 15 "I can't believe / remember when" statements here.)  She's a crack up and we're having so much fun learning who she is and what she's all about...mostly candy and gum like her big sister.  She loves "Let it Go" from the hit Frozen and requests it every. time. we. get. in. the. car.  She has her opinion on certain things, and when she's set there's no changing her mind.  She talks so well, especially with her "little girls" with whom she makes up stories.  She is starting to strike up conversations with strangers when we are out (following Big Sis' lead on that one) and the days of riding in the shopping cart are long gone unless I have a snack or whip out a video on my phone.  (Do you have any idea how much nicer Target shopping is when you do that???)  She loves "bamanas" and "ogurt" and hummus.  She thinks she should love hotdogs because Sydney loves hotdogs, but she doesn't.  She runs faster than Syd and falls down just about everytime she does it.  She loves to dance, listen to music and most of all watch "bideos" of any kind.  I swear she'd watch static as long as the tv was on.

We had a big party for her at our house this year- rented a jump house and had our close friends and relatives over to help celebrate the awesomeness that is toddlerhood.  I made homemade ice cream brownie bars (and of course I had to sample each of the SIX batches of brownies I made to ensure they tasted fine.  I'm quite certain those two days of ice cream bars making set Rob and I back a good five pounds.)  We had a piñata and enjoyed the sunny afternoon.  It had rained all night and off/on that morning so I was a bit frantic about what we were going to do...but it all came together and Missy had a blast.  (Thanks again, Gramma, for taking all the pictures!)
















For her actual birthday we took her and Sydney to their first movie theatre experience.  Needless to say they were both amazed, sat still the entire time and didn't want to leave when the credits rolled. 























Happy Birthday to our sweet Mone.  We love you!!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Aw, that was fun. Such great descriptions of Simone. It's fun to hear about her little personality traits from her mom's perspective especially since we've missed so much time with her these past few months. She's a sweetie as is that big sis. I loved the Vancouver trip too. I swear I was looking at lake and path pictures from Cathie Alonzo's place in Yelm, WA. Pretty, pretty.

big daddy said...

all I can say is that I am the luckiest guy in the world to have such wonderful women in my life. You three ladies are awesome!

Unknown said...

Awesome job, Mom! I love age two. I know it's nuts but so much fun. Happy Birthday Simone!