Tuesday, April 21, 2015

December

This blog will certainly be the death of me!  It's so hard to stay caught up, and when you're FIVE months behind it's even harder.  I keep telling myself to bag the whole thing, but then I think of all the hours, memories and stories I've told that will one day (I'm sure of it) turn into a book for my children, because really- what else am I going to do with all of their childhood photos?  They are certainly not going into immaculately dated and organized albums like my dear Mother does. 

So, here's what our December looked like. 

Sydney drew this picture of Baby Jesus, Joseph and Mary unprompted.  Swoon.

The advent calendar was jam packed, and a real tea party with my childhood porcelain set was on the docket.  Simone loved her hot chocolate, and Sydney just enjoyed pouring it. 

Lots of love for this guy.


Advent make-your-own snowman pizza. 

Initiation of the sock chase game.  The rules:  Get Daddy's socks while giggling non-stop and then proceed to run circles around the kitchen running away from him while he tries to steal them back.  This was AWESOME for wearing out busy souls in the cold months.

I planned 7 or 8 crafts in our advent calendar, and this girl was in heaven.

Sydney went to a birthday party where there was a REAL mermaid.  No really, the pictures prove it and she'll attest to it!


Family Polar Express movie night.

When Sydney opened a present on Christmas day and it was exactly what she'd been wanting, this was the gasp we got.

Cousin love

The girls each painted me a frame for my bedroom.  It's not too often that I get a homemade gift, and I understand why- I'm with them 90% of the time, which only made this that much more special.


This is Simone's I LOVE IT face.

A fulfilling Christmas 2014 morning.


Biggest deal of the season:  Sydney got to take up skiing with Daddy.  She went about 4-5 times total and loves it.  The chair lift was her favorite, and she has no intention on learning how to turn.  ;)



Something about this guy makes me smile.  Ok, lots about this guy.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Well, I'll be darned, you DID update your blog! I have to say, that last picture of Robby was pretty darn cute!