I didn't remember this being a busy month, but it was! Robby and I stole away the first of the month to go to Seattle for three reasons:
1. To see a Sam Smith concert. This was a last minute whim and I was ecstatic that we were going to be able to listen to his amazing voice in person. While we were eating lunch at a magnificent restaurant called Toulouse Petit we asked the waitress for a good dinner recommendation before the concert. She took a big breath and then said- "Um, well I was just in the back and my boss told me the concert is cancelled." I was miffed, but what are you gonna do. He cancelled at 1:00 the day of b/c he lost his voice and had to perform in a sold out Vancouver B.C. concert in 3 days. Boo. Luckily, there are 2 other reasons we travelled to Seattle...
2. To revisit the place that Robby proposed to me at almost 10 years ago. He flew me to Seattle and in a game of clues took me to Myrtle Edward Beach Park where he popped the question at a particular bench along the Puget Sound. It was fun reliving October 20th, 2005. The bench is newer, but the inscription in the concrete below was still intact. It's crazy how fast 10 years has gone. (That's what my e-mail nwbench stands for...northwest bench for that specific reason.) It puts me right back there whenever I say it, and I love that.
3. To stop at IKEA to get the girls outfitted to share a room since their little brother should make his appearance in May. (Yes, a Cole post to come someday.) It was fun to just be together and walk through that MASSIVE store.
%2B(1024x576).jpg) |
| ROADTRIP!!! |
.jpg) |
| October 20, 2005 |
.jpg) |
| October 20, 2005. |
.jpg) |
| 10 years looks good on this man! |
.jpg) |
| It's the eyes, people. The big brown loving eyes. |
We took the van and drove down on a Sunday, stayed until Tuesday at 6 am and drove home. It was a quick trip, but I had a lovely time just being a couple instead of a family of four for the weekend! A few weeks later my parents took the kids again so that we could set up the whole room and have a big reveal. Simone was in HEAVEN as she got a Frozen comforter, but Big Sis was less than thrilled at the thought of sharing her space with sister. She literally stood at the door and tried not to cry. A few months have passed and she loves it now, except that Simone still asks nightly if she can sleep with Sydney and 99% of the time she denies her. :(
%2B(576x1024).jpg) |
| IKEA boxes and screws and parts galore. |
%2B(1024x406).jpg) |
| Tada! |
%2B(576x1024).jpg) |
First night in their new room.
|
Other February happenings:
%2B(576x1024).jpg) |
| Simone has a love for baking, cooking, helping, setting the table, pleasing, etc. I'm loving it and I think Gramma is too. |
%2B(1024x576).jpg) |
| Seeing what all the fuss over frozen custard is about. YUM. |
%2B(1024x576).jpg) |
| Making rice krispy treat shapes with Aunt Julie! |
%2B(576x1024).jpg) |
| Photo shoot by Sydney! Syd is taking after Gramma in her love of photography and it kills me when she gets serious and poses us. This is how she posed us and we were in tears laughing. |
Cousin Hannah is back in business and the girls are in heaven. They travel a lot for Uncle Danny's work, so having her in Boise is always a treat. Leah (my sister in law) is due with a boy as well, THREE days before me...so we're seeing an extra lot of the two ladies and loving every minute.
%2B(576x1024).jpg) |
| This brave girl. She asked for a snake as a pet afterwards. I explained to her that they ate baby mice, she didn't mind. I told her ask when you're 13. |
.jpg) |
| Bringing it back oldschool. Wearing two of the dresses I wore at their respective ages that my Mom had saved. I suppose I was a tad shorter than Sydney, that dress is prettttty short! |
.jpg) |
| A rib date with Grampa. Enough said. |
.jpg) |
| The zoo is fun, but WAY more fun when Daddy tags along! |
More talent and fun from my behind my Mom's camera:
 |
| Found this gem from my Mom. Labeled Samurai Simone. Fitting, yeah? |
1 comment:
Awww, these months are so busy aren't they. So many fun things to take pictures of. I love this nesting stage you are in .... getting caught up on your blog and all. You should have it all caught up in the next three weeks before Cole arrives. I'll be caught up by then too then we'll do it all over again. :-)
Post a Comment