Saturday, May 2, 2015

March

I love the month of March.  Valentines is over, it's time to plant my garden, the weather is looking up and my young love turns a year older.  This year we added Vegas, beta fish, and a baby shower to our busy March.

Sydney randomly asked one day at lunch if she could get a fish.  When I replied that I wasn't sure she quickly came up with the idea that she would get her money out of her piggy bank and pay for it herself.  I told her we'd talk to Daddy and sure enough she brought it back up the next morning with him over breakfast.  She sold it by saying- "Ok, how about a fish or a snake?"  Smart one, that girl...give us two options; one simple and one completely ridiculously insane and the first doesn't sound all that bad.  We're in for trouble come teenage years.  And so off we set, in search of bowls, glass beads and fish.  The plan was goldfish, but once we learned they needed an actual tank with an oxygen and cleaning filter we went down the Beta fish aisle instead.  The girls each picked out the one they wanted.  Merida is Sydney's, and Simone named hers Belle.  They're the perfect pet in my mind.  Sydney stated later on that she wished we'd of bought something she could pet.  I reminded her that with a brother coming weeks away a furry pet (dog or cat is her hope) wasn't an option.  Give me a few years...I'll come around, and if not- Robby will convince me to.  It's a heaven for her when she gets to go to MJ and Jayden's house as they have 2 dogs, a bunny and 7 hens.  Auntie Danielle says once they get their country home Sydney can pick out a pet and they'll keep it there for her.  I'm liking this idea!  ;)

There's been lots of talk about not touching the fish, and we made it a good 2 months before Simone decided she should give it a go.  I was downstairs visiting with a friend and Simone was upstairs with a 4 year old little boy.  I hear them giggling and the thought of the fish being an issue crossed my mind and then I quickly dismissed it giving Simone (undeserved) credit for knowing that touching them wasn't an option.  More giggling so I decided to check things out.  Sure enough, Belle was no where to be seen in the bowl.  Simone wanted to get her out (she watches me clean the bowl and I suppose wanted to try it out) so she grabbed a wooden shoe from Holland and scooped her out.  I will give her credit on the creativity of the object used to remove the fish.  Long story from a 3 and 4 year old mouth, the fish fell on the carpet so they put it back in the shoe and were trying to knock it back in the water when I walked in and literally LOST. MY. MARBLES.  The fish is fine, has a little rip on it's tail but is now done hiding from us and comes out whenever we walk in.  It's funny in hindsight, but at the moment it made me red, and when Robby came home and I fumed about it to him he smirked...and that, incase you are wondering, was NOT the correct response.  Yes, I know...I'm hormonal.

My dear, dear friend of 18 years, Christine threw Cole and I an amazing baby shower that got me very well prepped for a boy.  She's the mom of 3 wonderful and adorable boys, so she was excited to outfit me from the girl world to boyhood...and I am forever grateful that she did!  The theme was "Shower Megan and Cole With Love" and her homemade decorations and blue touches on everything was absolutely boy-perfect.  I know she spent countless hours making it all perfect, and that's just what it was.  There's nothing like seeing a big group of your friends all in one picture to make you stop and realize how extremely blessed you are.  It's a wonderful feeling to see all of those faces and know that each one came into my life at a different point, all for very significant reasons.  Thanks to each one of you for loving me, supporting me, listening to me and continually being a solid friend. 



Robby turned 35 this year and we didn't do too much to celebrate, but did steal away for a yummy dinner and some birthday cake at my Mom's house.




We planned a "babymoon" although that makes no sense b/c that implies a vacation after the baby.  Really, it was a one last trip squeeze in before nursing begins and we don't steal away solo for two years.  We chose Vegas because it is warm, we love to gamble, we haven't been in 11 years and we wanted a quick getaway.  We had the pleasure of enjoying the weekend with our friends, the Powell's.  Evan and Lauren became fast friends with us after Lauren and I started doing kickboxing and taking our kids to the library each Wednesday.  Luck would have it that Evan found a new amazing job in Seattle, and he moved there the day after we got back.  I'm not going to sulk, I've been there and done that and they will have an amazing adventure ahead of them there.  Plus, I've now got someone to visit there!  I was 34 weeks when we went, so it was a very much needed and relaxing 3 days.  We saw two shows- Blue Man Group and Cirque du' Soleil "O", ate delicious food, walked way too much, sat by the pool (where I went ahead and sported a bikini...yikes) and gambled until our money was gone.  We stayed at the Monte Carlo which was perfect if you ask me- great central location without paying an arm and a leg. 
I was trying to have crazy blue man eyes.





Yes it's a virgin one...come on!



Blue Man Group


This picture was taken for and sent to Danielle.  ;)



My parents took the girls and had each second planned out to make the most of their time together.  It's no wonder the girls love being there- they have a blast.  On their list of activities was a photo shoot with the pets at Auntie's house.  Simone could care less, but like I said- Sydney is in heaven. 






Mom- you have to enter this into the fair this year!



Here's other random pictures from their fun time together.  Thanks again, Gramma and Grampa for it all.






























Other randomness in March:
 Simone grew into the American Girl matching jammies that Gramma bought Sydney when she turned three.  (How did those two years fly so quickly???)

Same baby doll, even!
Sydney

Daddy put up the IKEA reading swing.  Yeah, it looks cool but gets no love from the girls b/c it doesn't SWING.  You have to SIT in it.  Boooooorrrrring! 

Simone's nest craft.  She's a fun crafter right now as she's happy to do anything and loves the outcome of whatever she does.

This is Sydney's.  I didn't have the heart to tell her it was an upside down nest.  That and you should have seen the fits she threw when I made her draw and cut out her own birds.  Oh wait....you can see it...keep looking.....

There it is, folks.  Look at that pout face.  I get that a lot these days.  Sometimes 5 isn't so pretty.

New hammock!!!!


What what???  This young lady is registered for KINDERGARTEN!!!!

Some fun cousin park time!

 

2 comments:

MOM said...

Wow, lots of action in this post ... and only one part made me laugh and that was when you said the word "relaxing" in the same line as "Vegas." We know that's never true. Adventurous, exciting, good sight-seeing, but never relaxing. Oh wait, Sydney's pout face made me laugh too over the upside down bird nest. It was a nice bird tent though.

Rob said...

Cute!