Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Good Morning Nature Walk

Rise and Shine- it's Nature Walk time! The last few mornings we've been getting out of bed (Syd still sporting her pajamas) and going on a good-morning nature walk. With my delicious $0.89 coffee in tow, we're all set to say good morning to the animals. Brought to us by the lovely...

Who loves the nature walk? This little monkey (who was called a boy all day...but hello, she is in green monkey jammies). She learned while on the walk that if she held onto the bar, she could pull herself to stand. Ya know, gotta be up front and ready to go!

Good Morning Macaws!


Some were having breakfast...

Some were still asleep...

Good Morning enthused looking Blackfooted African Penguins!

Some were taking a bath...

This little swan thing-a-ma-jig is all alone in a big pond. :(

Koi fish up and at-um!

This bird...I have watched this bird for 3 years now sit perched by the Koi pond and watching the fish, never ever making a move but looking determined and ready to pounce.

Today was my day. (Patience, grasshopper...your time will come.) LOOK AT THIS!!! That fish was HUGE that he swallowed! All I could think about was how that huge fish (probably a foot long) fit inside that belly and just imagine it flapping all around inside! Yikes!

Good Morning Ducks!

Um...shouldn't this ugly thing be caged?

Good Morning Flowers.

Good morning rock statue that I love. While sitting on a bench nursing Sydney (and looking at this cool sculpture) a nice Japanese woman walked by, so I said Good Morning. Must have been an invitation because she promptly started talking Japanese to me and lifted my nursing cover to get a peek at the baby. REALLY? NOT OKAY.

Smile if you enjoyed the nature walk!!!

Upon returning to the condo, a man in the elevator looked at her and said- "How old is he?" I simply smiled and replied- "Seven and a half months."

3 comments:

MOM said...

How fun Meg. I can visualize your whole walk-about. I love that you are carrying that camera for all sorts of fun stuff. It gives us mainland folks some new things to ponder about your island ... and hey, it might even make us want to come there! I WANT to COME! Patience, little grasshopper is right ... my time will come in some form or another. As always, I know you are smiling and loving your daily Paradise. For now, I'm smiling too thinking of you and that monkey (who IS sitting on a blue beach towel by the way which is why I'm SURE people think Syd is a boy. You'd best change that. :-) MOM

Angela said...

Uh...People *still* ask me about my darling little boy. And she's 16 months. With long hair. And is often in pink or, being summer, dresses. I don't get it.

Unknown said...

That sweet GIRL, will never be able to enjoy the Boise Zoo Megs. You & Hawaii have ruined it for her! :0)