Saturday, November 17, 2012

Halloween Season

I'm calling it a season, as Halloween lasts MUCH longer than one short evening.

It all started with pumpkin carving.  Big ideas for allowing the 2 year old to help which quickly shrank to "No touching the knives, Sydney!  Can you go play with Mone?"  Yeah- much more of a Mommy/Daddy project at this stage of the game.  She enjoyed helping Daddy get the guts out, tho.
















This photo was shot in the dark- hence the mongo eyes on Sis!




We visited the pumpkin patch for MJ's 3rd birthday, and Mom/Dad purchased us a big one for picture taking sake.  (That Mom of mine is a photo prop sucker!)  We had fun sticking babies in pumpkins to take pictures and then my big baby recycled the pumpkin to wear trick or treating.  Love that goof ball.


Hannah



I repetatively asked Sydney what she'd like to be this Halloween to which she consistently replied; "gum".  Go figure- this girls LIVES, BREATHES and OBEYS for gum.  I have to say- it is quite a nice bribe when I need to use it.  She had it in mind that she wanted to be a pack of gum, but once I sold her on handing out gumballs, she agreed to be a gumball machine.  (Way more fun for me to make than a sheet that said 'Extra' or something!)  I had fun putting this little ensemble together and enjoyed all the sweet compliments she recieved wherever we went in it.  Simone had no choice...I was plum out of creativity (and time) after Syd's costume was done, so she got to go as the duck Sydney was her first Halloween.  It was snug on her (hmmmm....) but adorable none the less.  What a sweet chunk of a baby that girl is!





















We got our use out of the costumes...first stop was dance class on a Thursday.  Next was visiting Oma's work on a Tuesday.  Then Halloween came and we stopped at SEVEN different locations from 9am-2pm to "treat" our loved ones.  It's a tradition I'm passing on from my childhood.  My Mom would get us all dressed up and we'd visit family/friends donning cookies, candies or chocolates for them.  We handed out gumballs this year to everyone we saw, and had some special goodie bags for the people we intentionally visited.  We had more candy than we needed before we even set foot on our sidewalk for our inauguratory neighborhood trick-or-treating. 
Friend Natalia as La La Loopsy


Gramma rocks and she dressed up as a Scarecrow to have fun with Syd and MJ when they visited. 

MJ wore his Mama's Hershey Kiss costume from when she was FIVE.  I ♥ it!!!

Halloween night we were treated with the company of our Sister-in-Law, Leah and her sweet daughter, Hannah.  Halloween is Leah's most favorite holiday, so she gets kudos and extra credit for dressing up to match her ladybug baby.  She's a kid at heart and I love that she's a part of our family!!!  Sydney walked up to many doors alone, but was extra excited when Auntie Leah would walk up with her.  She would scream "Trick or treat!" and after receiving a treat would run back to Daddy for a leg hug. 




















Big fun was had and I can't wait until the girls can giggle in excitement together as they go door to door. 

BOO!

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a fun post Meg! Great stuff that made me smile. Kudos to Leah too and I Loved the pumpkin smile Robby had. The BOO at the end was the perfect ending to a great post.

Unknown said...

Loved hearing all about your fun Halloween season. Always so cool to see another mom's take on the holiday. The gumball costume is brilliant, well done Mama!