Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jesus' Birthday

You know it's bad when your Dad is calling you out on how outdated your blog is.  That, and I need to catch up because this family is headed to the Happiest Place on Earth next week...and there are some significant things that have happened before we can post about that...like how there are no TWO year olds in this house any longer. 

But first...Christmas came and went just as quickly as it does every year leaving us with entirely too many presents, full bellies, special memories with loved ones and a few pics along the way.  And that's another thing.  I'm getting lazy about my picture taking.  Will work on that this year. 

The "festivities" kicked off on Christmas Eve as we headed to Oma and Opa's house were we were met with 2 of the 3 brothers - Uncle Danny and Uncle Mike and their families.  The evening always goes by too quickly, and it's ten before we know it.  That didn't seem to matter before we had kids...but it matters now!  It's hard to leave a party, especially when it is full of loved ones you only see a few times a year.  Madison and Jessica are obsessed with Sydney and Simone and it was a nice 'break' to have them hold/enjoy them the entire evening while I got to just sit, eat and catch up with the family. 

















We actually ended up waking Sydney up on Christmas morning to get the party started as Simone was already bright eyed and bushy tailed.  We left 9...yes, 9 cookies and a Diet Pepsi for sweet Santa, but he must have been too full to eat them all as he left 3.  I think six is a pretty impressive cookie consumption, no?  Syd was so excited about the stockings and there were two gifts that got the following squeal, gasp, smile, etc.  Two.  Gum and tic-tacs.  Hey, she's an easy pleaser.





Kiss me!



When asked what she would like to buy Daddy, she said clothes.  After searching 7 different stores for a new pair of (Men's) Christmas socks and having no luck- she picked our a beautiful pair of women's knee high snowmen socks.  And that is what was in that sweetly colored bag.  Merry Christmas, Daddy!

Matching jammies thanks to Auntie Terri and Big Sis helping Lil Sis open her present from her.  A new camera!


Why did we even buy her presents?  All she really wanted was the paper!


































After we were done exchanging with the four of us, Gramma and Grampa showed up to spoil us.  Sydney received a gigantic doll house that has been a natural addition to our family.  I find myself arranging the dolls before we go to bed at night.  Perhaps I have too much time on my hands?  I think it's kind of fun- (OCD) and she enjoys a clean house in the morning.  No fun messing up an already messy house!  To accompany the house, Mrs. Santa painted/decoupaged and furnished some unfinished furniture pieces.  Fun project for her!
Grampa and Daddy putting together the doll house.


Everybody say "Awwwww".











Christmas for my Mom's side of the family was hosted at our house this year...and I am proud to say I even broke out my embroidered table cloths and china from my Grandma Mouser.  32 people were there in all - 24 adults and 8 very loud, wiggly, energetic kids.  I was a tad concerned about how everyone would fit in the house to eat all together- but like things usually do...they all worked out and it was a lovely time. 

















It's always a bit sad when the big day is over, don't you think?  Hoping you all had a blessed one.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you put a full recap up on the blog. I like hearing all the day's events.

Sydney's excitement is so contagious and how great is that dollhouse?! I want one :)

Laura Higgs said...

Catching up on your blog. I CANT BELIEVE YOU HOUSED ALL THOSE PEOPLE!!!!!!! You make me look like an amateur! The cake was impressive!! It made me want to eat the gum balls off and you know how I feel about gum. :o) Can't wait for your next blog. I am quite behind on my own.