Sydney wanted to be a purple striped cat for MONTHS and then we walked through Target one afternoon and it dawned on her, while looking at the costumes, that being a princess was an acceptable thing to be, and seriously- WHY would you want to be anything else!?! Err. I found a $4 "plain" (non-Disney) princess dress at Moppet Togs and one night we were talking about it. I asked her if she was able to make her own Princess costume for Halloween, what would it look like? She replied "Lots of hearts. Hearts all over. And sprinkles. And glitter. Lots of glitter everywhere." So that's what we did...we took that "plain" dress and we added hearts from fabric that she picked out at the store, and placed on the dress. We added sparkle fur and glittered the heck out of her shoes. We left a nice trail of purple glitter everywhere we set foot. (sorry everyone!) We accessorized her crown and bucket and then we were the best Heart Princess we could be.
![]() |
| Sister Love Hugs |
Simone wanted to be...oh wait, Simone didn't care...which was nice. ;) She has this ridiculously adorable red pea coat. One day she was wearing it with the hood up and I told Robby- "She looks like little red riding hood!" So that's what she was. I made the dress, which was my first little girl dress and it actually fit!!! The apron has a little wolf inside that definitely looked like a fox. Same, same. I was for sure she was going to love her little wicker basket, but she hated it and it was all I could do to get her to hold it for a picture.
We celebrated two days in a row....there were too many people to see all in one day! Sydney had a Halloween party on Halloween that I got to be a part of. So fun to watch her interact with her new-found playmates. They decorated sugar cookies and you probably don't need me to say it to know that it was her highlight. We did about 45 minutes of trick or treating which was more than enough time for Simone to siphon tiny tastes of candy through the bitten wrappers that she had before I could realize it and pull them away. Neither one of us thought she was getting any...but nothing else explains why she was JUMPING in bed until 11:30. Oops.
![]() |
| We saw MJ & Jayden at Gramma's work when we went to treat her. When I saw MJ, I said- "WHOA! Spiderman is here!" and then he lifted his mask and goes- "Auntie! It's me! Bubba!" Love that little man. |
![]() |
| Flash and the permanent mask. |
See ya, Halloween...and welcome to the Holiday Season!!!











4 comments:
So great to see the kids all dressed up. And home made to boot. Good job babe.
That picture of the girls with Grampa and then with Oma was quite a difference. It made me laugh. You really did a fabulous job on their costumes, and it will be fun back to look at these "cute sweet innocent" costumes before they want to have the blood dripping black kind. A Waa ha ha ha.
You are an amazing mommy. She will always remember how you let her design her own costume! Awesome. Congrats to you on sewing Moans dress too!
What fun and I still love you even if you poo poo my favorite holiday.
xoxo
I have realized the same thing! I love fall and HATE Halloween. Love those sweet girls in those homemade costumes :)
Post a Comment